Fried rice has been a food that has gained popularity in Nigeria and abroad and because of its international look, you will always find it in parties and events globally.
Today I will show you steps on how to cook fried rice at home or anywhere with complete ingredients for fried rice and even how to cook fried rice step by step and finally how to cook fried rice with chicken. You can get hands on the ingredients.
Before you can start cooking fried rice, you have to know the ingredients involved and here is a list of them.
- 6 cups of cooked rice
- 1/2 cup of canola oil
- 1 medium sized onion bulb
- 2 teaspoons of minced garlic
- 1/2 lbs of liver (cut in bits)
- 1 lb of large shrimps peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon of pepper sauce (chilli sauce)
- 1/2 teaspoon of thyme
- 1 teaspoon of white pepper
- 1 teaspoon of curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of Maggie powder or chicken bouillon (optional)
- Salt to taste
- 12-16 Oz of vegetable peas, carrots and green beans.
So now that we have got the ingredients to cook our fried rice out of the way, the next step here is the instruction on how to cook your meal.
Instructions to Cook Fried Rice
- Break up the clumpy rice before starting
- Heat a big pan with about a tablespoon of canola or vegetable oil
- Add the rice and stir vigorously for about 2-3 minutes adding Maggie liquid and a tablespoon or more of water or chicken/beef stock as need to moisten the rice. Once done, set aside and quickly wipe the wok or skillet with a clean paper towel or cloth
- Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in the wok and add your shrimp, lightly seasoned with salt. Sauté until they are cooked through then remove them and add to the fried rice.
- Next, add another tablespoon of oil, let it heat up, then add the liver or beef lightly seasoned with salt and pepper and quickly stir-fry for 2 minutes. Remove and add to the rice.
- Next is add a tablespoon of oil into the wok after you have cleaned it, followed by onions, thyme, garlic, peas, carrots, pepper sauce, white pepper, curry powder, and chicken bouillon powder. Stir until you can perceive the fragrance for about 2 minutes.
- Finally return the combination of the rice, liver and shrimp to the wok. Stir everything until they are fully combined. Adjust seasoning salt and pepper if necessary.
- Garnish your meal with chopped scallions and serve.
Now your sumptuous fried rice is ready to be dished. Did you try out this procedure? How did it turn out? Let’s hear you in the comments section.
Please Share this post through our social media channels to your friends and family. Sharing is caring.